Inclusive Exeter offers a weekly Drop-In Support Service for those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities to provide informal help with form filling and IT. We recognise that people from BAME backgrounds can often face challenges like language and social barriers, as well as not being overly familiar with the bureaucratic systems of mainstream systems. This is why we can offer a helping hand in getting forms filled out correctly. We have had training with Citizens’ Advice Exeter and where appropriate will signpost people to other services.
We can help people with filling different kinds of forms and similar support, for example:
- Benefits like Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), child benefit etc.
- Document applications like passport, driving license etc.
- Other applications like social/council housing, tenancy forms, bus pass etc.
- Changing utilities, dealing with bills etc.
We can also help people with a range of IT topics, for example:
- Using real-time collaboration features like Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides etc.
- Setting up, hosting and joining Zoom meetings
- Setting up and using email and calendaring as an appointment diary
- Social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Using spreadsheets and budget/money management apps
Our Drop-In Support Service is held at The Mint Methodist Church Centre, Fore Street, Exeter, EX4 3AT on:
- Tuesdays from 10. am to 12.15 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 1.30pm
- Banking – Barclays
- Banking – Co-operative Bank
- Banking – Halifax
- Banking – HSBC
- Banking – Lloyds Bank
- Banking – Nationwide
- Banking – NatWest
- Banking – Santander
- Banking – TSB
- Benefits – Child Benefit
- Benefits – PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- Benefits – Universal Credit
- Citizens Advice – Exeter
- Citizens Advice – National Website
- Devon County Council
- Debt Advice – StepChange
- DWP – Department for Work and Pensions
- DWP – Jobcentre Plus
- Domestic Abuse Services – National Domestic Abuse Helpline
- Domestic Abuse Services – SAFE (Stop Abuse For Everyone)
- Housing – Devon Home Choice
- Housing – Council Tax
- Housing – Exeter City Council
- Utilities – British Gas
- Utilities – Bulb
- Utilities – EDF Energy
- Utilities – E.ON
- Utilities – npower
- Utilities – Octopus Energy
- Utilities – Scottish Power
- Utilities – SSE
- Utilities – South West Water